27. TURKISH DELIGHT ICECREAM CAKE
This was the star of our recent Nhulunbuy dinner.
2 L creamy vanilla icecream (no.1 ingredient must be cream)
When icecream is a bit melty, fold in:
- 3 punnets raspberries (save some for topping)
- about a fist sized chunk of roughly chopped quality white chocolate
- pistachios - lightly toasted roughly chopped (save some for topping)
- chopped turkish delight (about 10mm cubes + save some for topping)
- chopped white marshmallows
When mixed through, gently fold in 500 mL rich custard. Leave some parts of custard/icecream unmixed. Time of essence, don’t let icecream melt too much.
Pour into a 2L+ cake tin lined with baking paper. Freeze!
When frozen, invert the cake. Garnish with pistachios, Turkish delight and raspberries, toasted flaked almonds and mint. This is astonishing - enjoy.
*inspired by an old Family Circle recipe, tailored by Michael.